Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The inhabitants of Mommyland



Before I'm able to come up with an excuse to abandon this blog I figure I'll introduce the people or creatures (in Oscar's case) that I'll be blogging about.  Perhaps if I put pictures of my kids, husband and Furkin up here I'll be less inclined to misplace this blog like I have its predecessors.
Madeline is my older daughter. She is 7 1/2 years old.  She is in the second grade and she plays soccer.

Ellie is my younger daughter.  She'll be 4 in July.  Her world currently consists of going to preschool two days a week, going to CCD on Sunday and hanging out around the house and creating chaos with her partner in crime, Oscar.
Oscar is our dog.  He's a Pug and Jack Russell Terrier mix that is called a Jug.   He has many roles in our family. For Bryan and the kids he's a companion, playmate and pet.  Oscar is my scapegoat.  When things go wrong, Mr. Furkins is to blame.  There's a reason I call him Furkins, he has furry skin.  Bryan is convinced that I love the dog, but I'm not about to admit anything as crazy as that.  I do think that Mr. Furkins is attached to me, but I think it's because I drop food and occasionally pocket lint on the floor. As you can see in the picture below, Oscar has a penchant for laying around and making himself look absurd.  Really, who lays around like that?

Bryan is my husband.  Without him I wouldn't have two small kids and a dog to torment me. He married me in spite of the fact that I can't cook and have no desire to prepare food most days. You would think after 8 years of marriage that he'd be emaciated from the lack of home cooked dinners, but somehow he's managed to fend for himself.  I'm fortunate to have someone who likes to eat out (and not be subjected to my cooking) as much as I do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...