Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Shockingly Easy

I mentioned on Sunday that I was giving selling on Craigslist a try.  I honestly expected to either get no responses on anything I was selling, or to get people like me trying to get what I was selling for next to nothing.  Instead I had a totally different experience.

Last night I checked my email on my phone while Bryan dropped Madeline off at soccer camp.  I was really surprised when I had an email from someone asking if the aquarium bouncer seat I had listed was still available.  She was also interested in the matching activity gym I had listed (proof that mentioning other items you are selling in the ad is a good way to make another sale).  I responded to her that I had both items.  She wanted them both and was willing to pay my asking price.  As if that didn't shock me enough, she also asked what else I had for sale that she could use for when her grandbaby visits.  I sent her a list and later that evening she sent me an email saying she'd like to buy it all to and give her a total and a meeting place for today.  I'm still shocked at my apparent beginner's luck.

Probably the best part of this is the fact that I managed to sell just about everything I listed in one transaction.  Even better is the fact that I made a profit on the items.  I'm still very excited that I got $20 for a mint condition Chicco hook on booster seat that I trash picked from someone in our development a few months ago.  Bryan made fun of me when I rescued it from the curb, but I now have $20 that says trash picking pays.

I met with the buyer's husband this morning and he was very pleased with their new baby gear.  I'm glad my trash picking and yard sale bargain hunting paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...