Friday, June 3, 2011

Please pray for the family of this girl

I signed on to check my AOL email and I noticed a headline that mentioned my hometown, Wildwood, NJ.  It's not often the little five mile island makes news that I'd see outside the local Philadelphia area, so I had to check out the story.

Today, on a field trip, an 11 year old girl on a field trip managed to fall to her death from the ferris wheel on Morey's Pier.  Having ridden on the ferris wheel once, maybe twice, I'm not sure how one falls out, but that's neither here nor there.  Whatever the case, this young girl lost her life today.  Please offer up prayers for her and her family who I am sure must be devastated.  You can read about the story here.

The article says that the Morey's family and their organization offer their prayers for this child and her family.  Sadly, I know just how much the Morey family's "thoughts and prayers" are worth after having listened to crudely callous comments from the head of the organization, Will Morey, on the heels of the death of a school friend's father who was killed by one of their rides many years ago.  I'd say they're as good as non-existant.

1 comment:

  1. oh how tragic. the parents of Abiah Jones must be devastated. My prayers go out to this family, and for the repose of the soul of Abiah.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...