I've had a lot going on in the past week so my list is a little longer than usual because of that. I'm not super mom.
1. Vacation bible school is done. It was a ton of work, but the kids and volunteers all appeared to have a great time so it was worth it. As of 11:30 this Monday, when all of the decorations were finally packed away in the religious education closet at the school, I was officially done with VBS 2011. Yay!
2. On Saturday I created a page for my blog on Facebook. I will continue to give all the credit for me being able to do this to Cam who blogs at A Woman's Place. If it wasn't for her incredibly simple instructions for how to do this I'd still have no idea how to create a page.
3. Yesterday I finally got around to cleaning the kitchen. My countertops are clear of debris and random items placed their by the kids and Bryan. I also swept and mopped the floor. It feels so nice to have a clean kitchen. At the moment I think that the urge to nest has to be God's gift to pregnant women with messy kids.
4. Ellie's birthday party on Sunday went well. She had a good time swimming in the pool, playing limbo and whacking the pinata. Bryan and I took the easy route with food and decided on pizza, chips, pretzels, crackers and cheese as the food offerings. I didn't get any complaints so I'd say it was a good decision.
5. My mom got out of the hospital on Friday night and is now recovering nicely from her gallbladder surgery. After four and a half
days in the hospital she's very happy to be home.
6. I managed to write up another book review. The latest one is for the YOUCAT. I'm hoping to have a few more reviews written before the end of this week. While I still have a pretty hefty backlog of books and products to review, I am now hitting a point where I've read several books but haven't found the time to actually write the review. My goal is to have the review stack whittled down to next to nothing by the time the baby arrives. That gives me less than 11 1/2 weeks (probably 9 1/2 if we go by when I've delivered both of the girls) to get the job done.