Thursday, May 19, 2011

Small Successes-May19th

Celebrating the little things in life that add up.

1. I remembered to make cupcakes for Ellie's class to celebrate her birthday.  Mind you, this child is not a May baby.  Her birthday is July 13th, but they let kids with summer birthdays pick a day to celebrate their birthday at school.  I figured this past Tuesday was the easiest day.  I didn't freak out when I went to make the cupcakes and discovered that I didn't have cake mix or icing.  I simply dashed to the grocery store and grabbed what I needed and still managed to get the cupcakes made, not iced, before it was time to get Ellie from school.

2. On Wednesday I got caught up with the laundry.  It's washed, not folded. I also decided that I'd stop avoiding the mess in the kitchen and just wash all the hand wash items that were filling the sink and countertops.  I didn't have it in me to dry them, too, but I washed them.

3. Can I count watching movies as a success?  Sure, why not?  We dropped most of the premium cable channels back in December and subscribed to Netflix.  A month or two ago I put a bunch of movies that only I would watch on the DVD queue.  By a happy coincidence, Netflix decided to send me something that was on my queue after another movie was already on it's way.  So on Monday and Tuesday I took a break during the day while the kids were at school and I watched Mrs. Brown and Washington Square.  And today, The Queen arrived.  Looks like I'll be watching another movie this week.  It's very rare that I watch any TV while the kids are at school so this week has been very out of the ordinary for me.

4. Because I can't follow rules and just stop at three like everyone else.  I got all the data for the VBS organized and updated in the spreadsheet.  I'm going to conquer this pregnancy brain thing.

4 comments:

  1. What a great week for you! Watching a movie yourself is definitely a success...I rarely have time for one myself & usually prefer to read in the evenings when the munchkins are in bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't follow the rules either! Yes seeing a movie counts and kudos to you for making cupcakes. I need to get on that for my summer birthday fella.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a remarkably successful week! I too was a summer birthday (although August) so I often "borrowed" my mom's April birthday. Looking back I think that was so that she wouldn't forget the cupcakes.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is great for you to watch a movie!! A great success. My success today? Reading blogs again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...