Friday, May 27, 2011

Quick Takes Volume 10


~1~
Madeline was sick for part of this week and this illness threw a total monkey wrench in an already busy week.  
~2~
This was the week of Fun in the Sun Day for Ellie's school and the Spring Fair for Madeline's school.  Since Madeline was sick on Monday I didn't get to go to Ellie's last ever Fun in the Sun Day at her school, but thanks to another mom from her class, she didn't have to miss out on the fun.  I went to the fair at Madeline's school on Wednesday and scored not only a bad sunburn, but I got a farmer's tan, too.  Now I'm waiting for my skin tone to even up so I can wear tank tops in public.  Ninety degree weather and being pregnant is not particularly fun.  I'm incredibly grateful for the swimming pool and central air.  I don't know if I'd survive well without them.
~3~
On Monday I had my 20 week ultrasound and we found out we're having another little girl!  I'm incredibly excited about this.
  
~4~
I learned this week that if you're pregnant and you are very hot you likely are not going to care how cold the pool temperature is, you're just going to get in and cool off.  I seriously swam in 75 degree water on Wednesday.  Ordinarily I won't consider anything below 78 degrees, and I prefer not to swim unless the water is somewhere in the neighborhood of 80-86 degrees.  The awesome solar rings we use on the pool combined with temps in the high 80s and low 90s got our pool water up to 82 degrees today.  I was so happy to discover this.
~5~
Primer adheres very well to dry skin and not not wash off very easily, even when you scrub hard enough to feel like your skin is going to come off.
~6~
The baby's room is painted.  This morning I primed the walls.  Bryan painted the ceiling in the afternoon.  (I can't paint a ceiling to save my life.)  This evening I painted the room a very pretty blue.  The room looks very sweet.  I can't tell you how relived I am that I have the nursery painted. 
~7~
I found real hula hoops, made by Wham-O at Target today.  I had one of these hula hoops when I was a kid and I LOVED it.  For the past ten years I've been looking for one of these and I couldn't find one anywhere.  All I could find were the poorly made easily breakable ones that you find at Target and Wal-Mart.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...