I'm a skinny person and pretty much always have been unless you're in the camp of people who count anything above 130lbs as fat. And yes, there are people out there who would consider that fat. I personally am perplexed by the notion that being skinny feels so much better than anything can taste. Seriously?
Let's go down the list of foods for which I would happily carry a few extra pounds simply because they taste good, shall we?
- A delicious sugar cured ham with pineapple and brown sugar glaze, or just plain old 100% maple syrup.
- Pancakes smothered with whipped butter (enough to clog your arteries) and 100% maple syrup.
- A baked potato with sea salt, black pepper and about 1/3 of a stick of butter.
- Butter (God's gift to those of us who don't care if it's not exactly the healthiest food to eat in large quantities.)
- Pumpkin pie with whipped cream (the real stuff, not Cool Whip)
- Butter cream icing (back to the butter again)
- Pumpkin cheese cake
- BLT sandwiches
- Italian Hoagies
- Fresh off the grill hamburger with dill pickle
- Jell-O swirl pudding
- Fresh buffalo mozzarella
- Mozzarella sticks
- Cheesesteak with cheese whiz from Pat's in Philadelphia
So now I am left wondering what is wrong with our culture that some people would put a quote that is so incredibly shallow and harmful on a child. Given the choice between delicious food or small pants I'll take the food. Someone pass me the butter, please.