Thursday, April 8, 2010

Small Successes-Easter

FaithButton
Celebrating the little things in life that add up.

1. I survived the Triduum with my kids and sanity in tact.  Holy Thursday and Good Friday I took the girls to church on my own. (What else is new?)  Bryan went to the Easter Vigil with us.  Madeline, my budding liturgical abuse watchdog (I blame MagnifiKid!), managed to keep her complaints to a minimum throughout the Triduum. Thanks be to God!  Ellie, I've discovered is not a huge fan of much of the beautiful ceremony accorded with the Triduum.  She doesn't care for incense, and is not a fan of Masses that last longer than the standard Sunday Mass.  She did manage to behave herself well enough to garner compliments on her behavior from those around us on all three days.  I'd call that a success.  I even managed to get to confession with Madeline.  I spent almost all of Lent finding reasons not to go during one of the four available and convenient time slots that our parish offered reconciliation.

2. I cleaned the house thoroughly last week and it's still clean!  I have a small mountain of laundry that I'm slowly conquering, but the house is clean.  I really can't complain.  I suspect the laundry will be done sometime this afternoon.

3. The girls and I went to the dentist this Monday.  No cavities!  Yay!

4 comments:

  1. You took little kids to the Easter Vigil? That is a HUGE success!
    What a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow on keeping your house clean for a whole week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the great memory about the incense in church; I remember those days and the services on Holy Thursday through Easter Vigil. It can be "tedious" for the young, I think your girls did great!

    and no cavities is always great news!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...