Thursday, November 3, 2011

Small Successes-November 3rd

FaithButton

Celebrating the little things in life that add up.

1. I took the baby shopping for seasonally appropriate clothing this past Friday and found five outfits that look pretty cute on her.

2. The Christmas dresses that I ordered for the girls the week before have all arrived.  Madeline and Ellie look quite nice in their new dresses.  Madeline's dress is all black and I found out today that she can wear it for her school's holiday concert.  I'm excited that she will get to wear the dress three times.  I haven't tried the dresses I ordered for Miss Stomach Acid 2011 on her yet.  At this point I'm pretty sure she'll be in size 3-6 months by Christmas so I'm probably going to return those dresses and just use the ones I had for Ellie.

3. Katie now weighs nine pounds.  Isn't that crazy?  She gained 17 ounces in nine days.  How do I know this?  I had to take her back to the pediatrician this morning.  Her reflux got pretty bad in the past week and Bryan and I decided that we couldn't wait 15 more days for her well visit to see about getting her on Zantac for the reflux.  As of this morning she's now being treated for reflux.  I'm hoping that the Zantac will make a difference.  It worked wonders for Madeline but it didn't do a thing for Ellie.  If this doesn't work our next step will be trying Prevacid.

4.  I did some Christmas shopping for the girls this past weekend.  I placed my Lego order for them and will be wrapping those items later today, I hope.  Yesterday I wrapped all the Christmas gifts that I had on hand that weren't already wrapped.  I'm hopeful that I'll have all my Christmas shopping completed by Thanksgiving.  I'll be thrilled if I can have the stuff wrapped by then, too.

5. I dusted the entertainment center on Tuesday and cleaned half of the kitchen counter tops. Half is better than none!

6. I made Bryan a pumpkin cheese pie for his birthday.

7. I took three kids to Mass by myself on Halloween for the All Saints' Day vigil Mass and the expedition was not a fiasco.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...