Thursday, December 5, 2013
Small Successes: First Week of Advent
Celebrating the little things in life that add up...
1. I'm about four hours away from being able to say that I survived yet another one of Bryan's business trips. The kids are already in bed so I will call this one a success.
2. On Monday I had a wave of energy that had me cleaning the house like I haven't been able to do in months. Kitchen counter tops cleaned, all of the laundry cleaned, folded and put away, and the stairs vacuumed. I even cleaned some of the basement play room.
3. Two nights ago I pulled out the kids' Advent calendars. I'm still amazed that I was able to muster the energy to get the Advent wreath out on Sunday morning.
4. I am getting very close to being done with shopping for Christmas gifts. And I even wrapped most of the gifts I already purchased.
5. I think we've decided on a name for our unborn baby boy. I've been comfortable enough with the name to share it with a few people so far so I think that's a good sign.
6. I didn't cry when I discovered that the glass on the display screen for my camera is shattered. I have no idea how it happened. I suppose it happened on Thanksgiving when I had it in my purse but I didn't notice that it was broken until I went to take pictures of our Advent wreath on Sunday night.