Friday, October 4, 2013

Quick Takes: Volume 78


~1~
I feel oddly motivated to get my Christmas shopping done now but the kids don't seem to have much of anything on their wish lists that I can buy.  I'd love to be done shopping before Thanksgiving.  I'm not sure if that goal is even realistic.
~2~
Katie must have hit a growth spurt with out me really realizing it.  Over the past couple of weeks it's become glaringly evident that most of her 12-18 month clothes don't fit.  The 18-24 month outfits that were huge on her back in July and August seem to fit quite nicely now.  Now I'm starting to wonder how many of these outfits that were too big this spring and summer will be too small when spring rolls around.
~3~
On the bright side, we've had an incredibly warm week here.  Katie's getting some use out of those cute spring/summer dresses that were too big, and I'm getting an idea of what I should pack for her when we head to Disney World in a month.  
~4~
We have our first homeschooling field trip coming up next Wednesday.  We're going to an alpaca farm.  It sounds like it will be a neat trip.  I love that homeschooling means even the pre pre-schoolers get to come along and learn.  Katie will get to interact with some little ones her age and I bet she will enjoy looking at the llamas or alpacas.  I'm going to call them llamas.  And to show that I'm that geeky homeschool mom, I'm dressing Katie in the cute llama tee shirt I recently ordered for her as long as it's not too hot out next week.
~5~
I would love it if someone showed up at my door with a plate of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.  I want some ooey gooey fresh out of the oven cookies, but I really don't have the energy to whip up a batch for myself.
~6~
My toe seems like it's getting better.  I was finally able to put my favorite sandals on again and I'm able to walk comfortably in them.  I also started taking Katie for walks around the neighborhood.  I'm trying to make sure my foot will be able to handle lots of walking when we go away next month.  I'm up to walking a little over a mile and a half.  
~7~
We have a busy weekend ahead of us.  We've got soccer games, a baby shower to attend for my sister-in-law and a few other things on the schedule.  I'm really looking forward to the end of soccer season when our weekends will be a lot less scheduled.  I feel like we're running all of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...