Saturday, September 14, 2013

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real} Birthday Girl

Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life...

{Pretty}

This lovely young lady celebrated her 12th birthday on Thursday.

{Happy}

The night before her birthday Madeline asked if I could make a pumpkin cheesecake instead of a regular cake.  It seems that we have a few people in the house who really like pumpkin cheesecake a lot!  While it doesn't look like the prettiest birthday cake it made her happy and I suppose that's all the really matters when it comes to birthday cakes.

{Funny}

Bryan and I found a birthday card that amused us so we decided to go with that one and hoped that she would find it funny, too.  Based on her initial reaction I'd say we chose well.

{Real}

Last night we had a party with a handful of Madeline's friends, my parents and my brother.  She had a really good time with her friends.  And would you believe we even had party crashers?  That was a first for us and it was a little awkward.

Visit Like Mother, Like Daughter for more pictures of contentment.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, there's my girl Kayla! (Yes I am stalking your blog... I just remembered you had one when packing up some mail to send you today! LOL!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to keep stalking so you can see pictures of your awesome work at Disney World in another week and a half!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...