Sunday, December 9, 2012

No Peeking Til Christmas!

I have Amazon wish lists for myself, my religious ed class and each of the girls.  I love having a place where I can add the things the girls or I either need or want.  I know my parents and my brother appreciate being able to just pull up Amazon and see what we'd like for birthdays and Christmas.  Bryan likes it because it means he doesn't have to spend a lot of time trying to figure out what I'd like since I won't always rattle off ideas to him.

The snoop in me likes the lists because I can log in and see what has been purchased.  I know, I'm bad and I spoil the surprise.  I did this with my bridal shower, wedding and baby shower, too.  It's like peeking without having to do any actual snooping.

Yesterday Bryan did his Christmas shopping with the girls.  We went to Target and that trip consisted of me being walked up and down different aisles where I needed to point out things I might like to have for the kitchen. [I like practical, useful gifts.*]  Then Bryan and the girls "discreetly" put the things they liked best into the cart.  So after the Target trip the girls were still on Bryan's case about shopping for me.  They're a lot like me when it comes to being prepared for Christmas.  I like to have everything purchased and wrapped as early as possible.  Bryan, on the other hand would happily wait until December 23rd to start his shopping.  So last night after much pestering from the girls, he decided to log on to Amazon and check out my wish list.  I'm on Amazon pretty frequently, so now I've been asked not to look at my lists or the ordered items.

I'm trying not to spoil their surprise, but I think it's going to be a difficult 15 days.  The amazon shipment emails are coming to me for the orders placed, and my name will be on all of the packages which means I'm going to have to wait for Bryan to open the Amazon packages that come to the house.      I'm so tempted to look and see what's missing from the list but I'll do my best to not look since Bryan and the girls asked me not to.


*Bryan would tell you that he will never buy me jewelry as a gift again after I flipped out on him for buying me a sapphire and diamond ring one Christmas.  I'd rather have a new toilet than a glittering piece of jewelry.  It's not that I don't like jewelry, it's just that I don't think it's practical--especially for someone like me.  I'm a bit of a minimalist and I only wear my wedding and engagement rings and the necklace Bryan gave me on our wedding day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...