Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Looking Good!

I took Katie and Ellie to the pediatrician this morning for their well visits.  Both girls came out with a clean bill of health, but that doesn't mean that we didn't pick up any germs while we were at the office.  We almost always pick up something when we're there for a well visit.

Ellie only grew an inch and a half over the past year, but she's hit the 50lb mark.  I can't believe she's that heavy already.  She has a bit of growing to do if she hopes to get on any rides with a height requirement of 46 inches.  Hopefully she will be able to get on plenty of big kid rides when we go to Disney World in November.  He gave me his opinion on Ellie and the letter reversal concern.  He says it's very likely that the problem will correct itself by this time next year.  Apparently it's common up to age 8.  I'm hopeful that it's not the sign of a larger problem.

Katie is now 19lbs 12oz!  She's huge!  She's now 29 inches tall, too.  He tells me she's in the 90th percentile for height and 75th for weight.  Compared to her big sisters she's the size they were at a year old.  She's hitting all the milestones she should be according to the doctor.  It's nice to hear that since I haven't exactly been worried about whether or not she's hitting milestones these days.  I'm more in the mindset of making sure everyone is clean and fed, and that we're meeting all the obligations and appointments on our schedule.

I managed to save myself a phone call while I was over there and got Madeline's well check lined up for next month.  I needed to make sure I got that taken care of because she needs a booster shot for school or else I'll have the school nurse sending home letters or calling me.

If all goes well I won't see the inside of the pediatrician's office until late September when it's time for Madeline's appointment.  Here's hoping we didn't pick up any icky germs while we were there today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...