Friday, June 15, 2012

Quick Takes Volume 40


~1~
Today is the last day of school.  Deo Gratias!  From the first to the last, just about every morning had some level of chaos.  Today was no different as the girls once again tried to leave the house in versions of clown outfits.  I still don't understand how after 180 days of school neither of them got into a morning routine.  I seriously had to remind them to eat, drink, get dressed, make their beds, pick up their dirty clothes, and hang up their bath towels every morning.  I'm looking forward to summer vacation.  Eighty-one more days until we begin this craziness again and I begin my almost daily rants that life would be infinitely better if we would just homeschool instead.  I am looking forward to uniforms and having both girls in the same school.  A single start and finish time will be nice and not having to tell the girls over and over that they're not going to school DRESSED. LIKE. THAT. [as in like a clown] will be nice, as well.
~2~
I'm using the nifty heart shaped cake panthat my parents gave me for my birthday to make a Sacred Heart cake for dessert tonight.  I'm also going to break out the awesome set of decorating tipsmy parents gave me to decorate the cake.
~3~
I'm trying to decide if I want to make a giant heartshaped chocolate chip cookie cake to celebrate the Immaculate Heart tomorrow or if I'll try making sugar cookie hearts decorated with royal icing.  I'll just have to see how the rest of the day progresses.
~4~
I was all set to make the buttercream icing while Katie naps and the cake bakes and the girls are at school when I discovered that I have just a single stick of butter.  Ugh!  Now I have to wait for the cake to bake and Katie to wake so I can run out to the store for a few pounds of butter.  I guess I used up what I thought we had when I made cookies for Madeline's class earlier this week.
~5~
This really has no real relevance to anything, but I'm always amused when I see this potato salad bucket that I've had for nearly 11 years.  I like the baseball playing potatoes.  I don't, however, like potato salad or baseball.  I store rice in the little bucket, and have fielded many questions over the years about why I have a potato salad bucket in my cabinet.  It's there simply because I like it.
~6~
I realized this morning that I have a wedding to go to tomorrow and didn't bother to get my hair done or  make sure I have everything I need for what I'm wearing.  Fortunately I was able to get them to squeeze me in tomorrow morning to get my hair cut.
~7~
The giant task of sorting the girls' outgrown clothes is nearly complete.  The basement is almost back to normal.  Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...