1. I've felt like a huge procrastinator the past couple of weeks because I hadn't sent out birth announcements for Katie. Yesterday I took a picture of her that I deemed announcement worthy and actually uploaded it, made an announcement and ordered it! You can take a peek at it here.
2. Realizing that Katie's baptism was a little over two weeks away, I also decided to work on the wording for her baptism invitations and had Bryan print them out for me last night. They'll be heading out in the mail this morning. We're keeping it small so I don't have to drive myself crazy. Of course, the fact that we've lost a lot of family members over the past six years also contributes to the shrunken guest list.
3. We had another cavity free visit to the dentist on Tuesday. Katie also slept through her longest car ride that day. I'm so grateful that she sleeps in the car.
4. I found dress shoes that fit Ellie this past weekend. I'm still working on finding shoes for Madeline. Why is it that many stores don't carry half sizes for children? It drives me crazy.
5. I'm trying to get the laundry done today. Last night I discovered that I left clothes in the washer for two days. I had to send them through for another cycle and I'm hoping the funky smell from being left in the washer for two days has washed away. The rest of the laundry is sorted (It's amazing what offering the girls 25 cents a piece can get accomplished!) and queued up to be washed.
6. We had a few nights in the past week where Katie slept for 5-6 hours straight. Last night wasn't one of those nights but I'm hopeful that she'll be sleeping for longer stretches soon.
7. The Zantac is doing a nice job at keeping Katie happy. It's not perfect, but she's not screaming and wailing in pain like she was last week. Actually getting her to take the medicine is the biggest challenge.
8. Almost forgot...I went back to teaching my religious ed class this week. I'm happy to be back with them, although it feels like I never really left. I was there for half of two of the classes I didn't teach. But I still feel like I missed a lot. Would you believe I only have one more class to teach this month? It's crazy. I'm looking forward to Advent and doing lots of fun crafts with the class.
9. Speaking of Advent, I finally decided on an Advent calendar for Katie. I ended up ordering a cute nativity themed one.