Thursday, August 5, 2010

Small Successes-August 5th

FaithButton
Celebrating the little things in life that add up.

I've had a busy week with organizing things around the house.

1. Last Thursday and Friday I spent a considerable amount of time reorganizing the kitchen pantry.  While most people store food in their kitchen pantry, our pantry is half-filled with games and learning aids for the kids.  It used to like a little educational store threw up in there.  Now that I've organized, it looks much better and we can store more food (a good thing since we now eat at home more than we eat out).

2. The Shrek swamp pool is once again crystal clear.  We had phosphates in the water (it took two pool places to determine this) that made the the pool icky and green.  It's amazing what a couple hundred dollars (Ugh!) and a ton of chemicals can do for ugly green water.

3. The laundry is under control.  The master bathroom has been cleaned (this time I even cleaned the sinks and the huge garden tub that no one uses) for a second time in two weeks.  I also journeyed to the kids' bathroom and cleaned their tub, too.  And the huge piles of junk and outgrown kids' clothing that were accumulating in my bedroom?  Oh, they've been organized and relocated to better homes.  I even reorganized my hand me down closet so I could fit more things in the totes.  Still not satisfied with what I had accomplished, I decided to go out back and weed one of the vegetable gardens.

4. I finally accepted that Ellie needs a bigger back pack for school.  I took her to L.L.Bean a few nights ago and let her pick a book bag and lunch box.  And if I'm seen crying on September 8th when I take my baby to school, it won't be because I can't believe she's already old enough for kindergarten, it will be because the bright color of the bag she chose is burning a hole in my retinas.  The sales clerk at L.L.Bean kindly informed me that I can return the bag at anytime for any reason when I asked Ellie if she was sure she wanted the retina burning pink book bag.  Choosing the lovely powder blue would have been too easy.

6 comments:

  1. #3 That is a list of my future successes, I hope! Great work! You are my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! You had me in stitches with #3....hahahaah!!

    Great job on your whole week. How do you do it all? And with such grace and humor?

    Bless ya girl!! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on all the cleaning & organizing this week! I'm chuckling here at your book bag description!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE the LLBean bags. All three of mine have the previous versions of the critter packs and lunch bags. Best thing is if they breakdown (which has happened to both of my boys) they replace them! YEAH LLBean!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Madeline has a critter pack that I got three years ago and it still looks new. LLBean bags really are the best. The price is totally worth it for the indestructible bags. I'll be blind from the retina burning pink on Ellie's new bag before the bag itself wears out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love #4! LOL! My son's favorite color is green and the brighter the better. I completely sympathize with you there.
    Congrats on a fantastic week! Enjoy the remainder of it. Looking forward to checking in next week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...